The Village Hall
The Village Hall was built in 1930 from funds raised by public subscription and in the late 1940s the stage and dressing room area was added. A lottery grant enabled substantial imrovements to be made in the late 1990s. With seating for up to 120, it is the focus for large village gatherings. It has a public entertainment licence, stage, audio and lighting equipment, hearing aid induction loop, piano/keyboard and a projection facility.
It is available to hire for private functions.
For all enquiries and a booking form please call Vicky Ord (01765) 676112.
Tables and chairs may also be hired for a donation.
A booking form will soon be available to download here.
St Leonard’s Hall
The Hall was originally built in 1841 as the Primitive Methodist Chapel. With the building of the present Methodist Church, it became the centre for village activities until the Village Hall was built in 1930. It was bougt by the parish church for £150 in 1921. Smaller groups meet here and it is the venue for coffee mornings in aid of many different charities.
The Sportsfield Trust
The field was purchased for £800 in 1966 and laid out during the next two years for football, cricket and tennis. Almost the entire project was completed by volunteers and formally opened in August 1968. The bowling green was added in 1983. There are facilities for football, cricket, tennis, bowls and there are thriving junior coaching sessions. There is also a small playground.