Harrogate District Local Plan : Receipt of Inspectors Report
As you may know, the Harrogate District Local Plan (Publication Draft) was submitted for examination on the 31st August 2018 and following the hearing sessions in January 2019, necessary changes to make the plan sound were identified and published for consultation between 26 July and 6 September 2019. The responses to this consultation were considered by the Planning Inspector as part of the ongoing examination process and we are pleased to advise that the council have now received the Inspector’s Report. The Inspectors Report and the Schedule of Main Modifications can be read on the Councils website at https://www.harrogate.gov.uk/info/20101/planning_policy_and_the_local_plan/1159/harrogate_district_local_plan_examination
The Inspector concludes that the Harrogate District Local Plan is sound subject to the modifications published and consulted on over the summer. The key headlines of his report are;
• The overall provision of housing (637 dwellings per annum) reflects a soundly based assessment of the district’s housing needs.
• The principle and broad location of the New Settlement are found to be sound.
• The Inspector is satisfied with the proposed housing allocations (as modified, i.e. with sites deleted in AONB, Pannal etc. as per his initial letter).
• The overall employment strategy and allocations (subject so to site at reduction at Pannal (PN18) as modified) are found to be sound.
• The Inspector concluded that exceptional circumstances existed to warrant the allocation of three permanent G&T sites within the Green Belt.
• The Plan meets all of the legal requirements, including sustainability appraisal and duty to cooperate.
It is now envisaged that the final plan will be presented to Cabinet and Council in early March for a decision to adopt
If you have any queries please contact the Policy and Place Team on 01423 556586 or email email@example.com
Executive Officer Policy and Place
Planning and Development, P.O. Box 787, Harrogate, HG1 9RW
Tel: 01423 500600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org